Ad-hoc release, 31 May 2012: EADS Confirms Top Management Changes
31 May 2012
- Annual General Meeting appoints new Board of Directors
- Board of Directors appoints Arnaud Lagardère as Chairman and Thomas Enders as Chief Executive Officer of EADS, and composes its committees
- Board of Directors appoints new Chief Financial Officer and new Chief Human Resources Officer
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of shareholders, which took place today, adopted all resolutions proposed, including the composition of the incoming Board of Directors.
Upon conclusion of the AGM, the newly appointed Board of Directors met for the first time and proceeded to elect, from within its midst, its Chairman and the new CEO; it also composed the Audit Committee, the Remuneration and Nomination Committee and the Strategic Committee:
EADS Board of Directors
Effective as of today, the EADS Board of Directors is composed as follows:
- Arnaud Lagardère, 51, as Chairman of the Board; Arnaud Lagardère is also Managing Partner of Lagardère SCA;
- Thomas Enders, 53, Chief Executive Officer of EADS N.V.; prior to this appointment, Thomas Enders was Chief Executive Officer of Airbus;
- Dominique D’Hinnin, 52, Co-Managing Partner of Lagardère SCA;
- Hermann-Josef Lamberti, 56, heretofore member of the Management Board of Deutsche Bank AG (1);
- Lakshmi N. Mittal, 61, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ArcelorMittal;
- Sir John Parker, 70, Chairman of Anglo American PLC;
- Michel Pébereau, 70, Honorary President of BNP Paribas;
- Josep Piqué i Camps, 57, Chairman of Vueling;
- Wilfried Porth, 52, Member of the Management Board of Daimler AG;
- Jean-Claude Trichet, 69, Former President of the European Central Bank;
- Bodo K. Uebber, 52, Member of the Management Board of Daimler AG;
All director mandates last for a term of five years, ending at the close of the Annual General Meeting in 2017.
Audit Committee: Hermann-Josef Lamberti (Chairman), Dominique D’Hinnin, Sir John Parker, Bodo Uebber
Remuneration and Nomination Committee: Sir John Parker (Chairman), Dominique D’Hinnin, Hermann-Josef Lamberti, Wilfried Porth
Strategic Committee: Arnaud Lagardère (Chairman), Thomas Enders, Michel Pébereau, Jean-Claude Trichet, Bodo K. Uebber
New EADS Chief Financial Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer
At their meeting, the Board of Directors also appointed a new Chief Financial Officer and a new Chief Human Resources Officer for EADS:
- Harald Wilhelm, 46, was appointed Chief Financial Officer of EADS N.V. and of Airbus S.A.S, succeeding Hans Peter Ring, 61, who retires from the company. Ring will remain a senior advisor until the end of 2012.
- Thierry Baril, 47, was appointed Chief Human Resources Officer of EADS N.V. and of Airbus S.A.S. He replaces Jussi Itävuori, 56, who leaves EADS after ten years as Head of Human Resources, while continuing to represent the company in the Board of Directors of Patria in Finland.
The CEO will announce the composition of the EADS Executive Committee in September, following the conclusions of his review of the state and strategy of the company.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of over 133,000.
(1) As of 1 June, 2012, Mr Lamberti will be retired from Deutsche Bank AG.