Ad-hoc Release, 5 February 2013: EADS Proposes Candidates for Future Board of Directors
05 February 2013
The Board of Directors of EADS N.V. has nominated the following individuals for election by the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) to the future Board of Directors of EADS N.V.:
- Manfred Bischoff, 70, Director of Royal KPN N.V. and UniCredit S.p.a. and Chairman of the Supervisory Boards of Voith AG and Daimler AG;
- Ralph D. Crosby, Jr., 65, Member of the Board of Directors of Serco Group PLC. and former Member of the Management Boards of Northrop Grumman Corporation and EADS N.V.;
- Tom Enders, 54, Chief Executive Officer of EADS N.V.;
- Hans-Peter Keitel, 65, Vice President of the Federation of German Industries (BDI) and former Chief Executive Officer of Hochtief AG;
- Hermann-Josef Lamberti, 57, Member of the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss AG, Member of the Advisory Board of Barmenia Versicherungen, and former Member of the Management Board of Deutsche Bank AG; he has been a Member of the Board of Directors of EADS N.V. since 2007;
- Anne Lauvergeon, 53, Partner of Efficiency Capital and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of A.L.P.S.A. and former Chief Executive Officer of AREVA S.A.;
- Lakshmi N. Mittal, 61, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ArcelorMittal and Member of the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs; he has been serving on the Board of Directors of EADS N.V. since 2007.
- Sir John Parker, 70, Chairman of Anglo American PLC, Deputy Chairman of DP World and former Chairman of the Board of Directors of National Grid PLC.; since 2007, he is a Member of the Board of Directors of EADS N.V.;
- Michel Pébereau, 71, Honorary President of BNP Paribas and Member of the Board of Directors of Saint-Gobain S.A. and Total S.A.; he has been a member of the Board of Directors of EADS N.V. since 2007;
- Josep Piqué i Camps, 57, Chairman of Pangea21 Consultora Internacional and Chairman of Vueling; he joined the Board of Directors of EADS N.V. in 2012;
- Denis Ranque, 61, Member of the Board of Directors of Saint-Gobain S.A., former Chairman of the Board of Directors of Technicolor S.A., and former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Thales S.A.;
- Jean-Claude Trichet, 70, Honorary Governor of Banque de France and Former President of the European Central Bank; he joined the Board of Directors of EADS N.V. in 2012.
The nominations are based on the balance of skills and range of experience of the nominees. The new Board of Directors of EADS N.V., once it is voted upon by the EGM, will determine whom it wishes to elect as Chairman at its inaugural meeting.
Jean-Claude Trichet and Anne Lauvergeon will also sit on the supervisory board of the French national defence company while Manfred Bischoff and Hans-Peter Keitel will be members of the German national defence company’s board of directors. Their appointments in these national defence companies have received the consent of the respective governments of France and Germany.
A convening notice to shareholders for the EGM will be sent in the near future. At the EGM the shareholders will also have to approve changes to the company’s Articles of Association and to the intended share buy-back (subject to market conditions).
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of over 133,000.