Financial aid for research projects
- Engineer in action.
Each year a call for proposals is launched by the EADS Foundation, which aims to fund pioneering and original research projects conducted by public research organisations. Around 12 top priority research projects are selected from the proposals submitted. Since 2004, the allocated budget per project amounts to an average €150,000.
The fields supported are:
- Robotics, man-machine interaction and autonomy
- Environmental and sustainable development
- Science and information technologies
- Means of transportation and mobility-enhancing disruptive technologies
For more information on the call for proposal and supported projects click here.
Creation of research and academic professorships
- Kick-off day for EADS Foundation Chair with Ecole Centrale de Nantes.
The EADS Foundation’s academic programme is its method to strengthen teams working on upstream research projects in areas that could eventually lead to material applications in the field of aerospace.
The Foundation has created seven research and academic professorships since 2004:
- Computational structural mechanics, at ENS Cachan.
- Artificial vision, at ENS Ulm.
- Mathematical modelling and numerical simulation, at Ecole Polytechnique and INRIA.
- Advanced modelling of composites manufacturing processes, at Ecole Centrale of Nantes.
- Poncelet Chair in mathematics, in Moscow.
- European Chair on intellectual capital management, at South Paris University.
- Dynamics of complex mechanical systems at ENSAM-Aix and Ecole Centrale of Marseille.
All information on these professorships can be found by following this link.
Honouring scientific awards
- 2008 Best thesis prizewinner and Claudine Hermann, chairman of jury.
The Foundation is intent on rewarding talent across all groups - from young scientists who have just finished their doctoral thesis to internationally acclaimed experts. We also actively support women scientists.
We honour three types of awards:
- EADS Foundation awards: in association with the Academy of Sciences, these three awards reward scientists for their research findings and associated industrial applications.
- Best thesis awards: the EADS Foundation rewards six Doctors in Science for their outstanding doctoral research work.
- Irène Joliot-Curie awards: in association with the French Ministry of Education and Research, the Foundation promotes the place of women in France’s research and technology circles.
To find more information on these awards and the winners click on this link.