- © EADS/M.Lange
- Sir John Parker
Sir John Parker is Chairman of Anglo American PLC, Deputy Chairman of DP World (Dubai), Non-Executive Director of Carnival PLC and Carnival Corporation. He stepped down as Chairman of National Grid PLC in December 2011. His career has spanned the engineering, shipbuilding and defence industries, with some 25 years’ experience as CEO including Harland & Wolff and the Babcock International Group. He also chaired the Court of the Bank of England between 2004 and 2009. Sir John Parker studied Naval Architecture and Mechanical Engineering at the College of Technology, Queens University, Belfast. He is currently President of the Royal Academy of Engineers.
Chairman of Anglo American PLC
- Director of Carnival PLC and Carnival Corporation
- Deputy Chairman of D.P. World (Dubai)
- Director of White Ensign Association Limited
- Member of the Board of Directors of Stichting Administratiekantoor EADS
- President of the Royal Academy of Engineering; an
- Visiting fellow of the University of Oxford.
Past mandates over the five past years (≥2008):
- Senior non-executive Director of Bank of England (resigned June 2009)
- Joint Chairman Mondi Group (resigned August 2009)
- Chancellor of the University of Southampton (resigned July 2011)
- Member of the International Advisory Board of Citigroup (dissolved December 2011)
- Chairman of National Grid PLC (resigned January 2012).