- © EADS
- Josep Piqué i Camps
Josep Piqué i Camps has been the Non-Executive Chairman of Vueling since 2007. He started his career as an economist of the studies service “la Caixa” and became General Director of the Catalan Industry in 1986. Two years later, he joined the company Ercros, where he eventually became CEO and Chairman. After serving several years within the Circle of Economics of Barcelona, he led it as Chairman (1995-96). In the following, Mr Piqué was successively appointed Minister for Industry and Energy (1996-00), Government Spokesperson (1998-00), Minister of Foreign Affairs (2000-02) and Minister of Science and Technology (2002-03). Furthermore to his engagements, he served as Deputy, Senator and President of the Popular Party of Catalonia (2003-07). Mr Piqué holds a PhD in Economic and Business Studies and is a Law graduate from the University of Barcelona, where he also serves as lecturer of Economic Theory.
Chairman of Pangea XXI, Consultora Internacional
- Chairman of Vueling
- Advisory Board of Seat, Volkswagen Group
- Chairman of Circulo de Economia
- Chairman of Spain–Japan Council Foundation
- Chairman of Vertice 360 Servicios Audiovisuales, S.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Ezentis, S.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Grupo San Jose, S.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Plasmia Biotech, S.L.
Past mandates over the five past years (≥2008):
- Chairman of Mixta Africa until 2010
- Member of the Board of Directors of Applus Technologies Holding, S.L. until 2012