EADS has formulated a strategic roadmap called Vision 2020. This blueprint for EADS' future was presented to the Board of Directors in January 2008. Since then, it has been turned into a Group-wide action plan, applied by every Division.
We aim to achieve:
- A better balance between commercial aircraft and our other activities. Commercial aircraft is an extremely capital intensive and cyclical business, with great sensitivity to the US Dollar exchange rate. In 2008 it represented 63% of Group revenues. Our goal is to increase the share of our other activities, especially defence and institutional business, in order to reach a 50/50 balance.
- A better balance between platforms and services. With a strong customer base for advanced platforms and systems, EADS is in a position to develop high-value related services, which are not only highly profitable but also counter-cyclical. Our target is to raise the services' share of revenues from 10% to 25% by 2020.
- A better balance between our European roots and our global footprint. To gain access to new markets and technology resources, as well as low-cost and multi-currency-based sourcing, we need to expand our international footprint. Our target is to have 20% of employees and 40% of sourcing outside Europe.
- Furthermore, we aim to become truly eco-efficient. We are determined to demonstrate our responsible attitude and to make eco-efficiency a competitive advantage.
- Reaching these targets will require significant technological and human resources. We will continue to deliver the best of European technology, and will encourage greater mobility and international diversity.