EADS’ innovation strategy includes growing relationships with Russian institutes, research centres, universities and companies – applying their rich aerospace heritage while opening up new research, business and supply chain opportunities through EADS’ global reach.
Since the early 1990s, EADS and its divisions have performed more than 120 cooperative projects in Russia, covering such areas as aerodynamics, acoustics, composite technologies, material development, simulation and modelling.
In addition to working with the Russian aerospace sector, EADS also seeks partners from outside this industry that can bring unique capabilities and resources to its research and technology efforts.
Scientific cooperation and commercial spin-offs
Coordinated through EADS Innovation Works’ Skolkovo Office, EADS’ approach today in Russia is focused on cutting-edge scientific cooperation – contributing to resolving challenges and issues faced by EADS divisions, and includes the goal of establishing commercial spin-off companies in Russia when specific technological solutions can be evolved into products and services for the international marketplace.
The Skolkovo high-tech hub in the Moscow region – Russia’s leading technology incubation center, which is tasked with facilitating the country’s cooperative research and technology projects – was selected as the natural host for EADS’ increased presence in the Russian research community.
EADS cooperation with Russia includes such partners as:
• AviaOK International
• Central Institute of Aviation Motors (CIAM)
• International Research Institute of Advanced Systems (IRIAS)
• Institute for Information Transmission Problems (IITP),
• Kazan State University of Technology (KGTU)
• Technopark industrial technologies - Innovation and Technology Centre
• Kamensk Uralsky Metallurgical Works (KUMZ)
• Moscow Aviation Institute - State University of Aerospace Technology (MAI)
• Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT)
• Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys (MISIS)
• National Institute of Aviation Technologies (NIAT)
• Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies (RUSNANO)
• St. Petersburg Institute of Applied Chemistry
• St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University
• Central Aerohydrodynamics Institute (TsAGI)
• All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Aviation Materials (VIAM)
EADS Russian Technology Office
Arnaud Marfurt, Head of International Operations, EADS Innovation Works Russian Technology Office, talks about incubators and working with Russian partners.