Who can apply?
PROGRESS is designed for graduates and professionals with a maximum of three years professional experience (including internships longer than 6 months) and a minimum of twelve months experience abroad.
You should also fulfill the following requirements:
• English fluency - any additional language skills are a plus
• Excellent academic background
• Very good communication skills
• Strong team player
• Creative and innovative flair
• Desire for international mobility
• Passion for EADS and its products
There is no restriction regarding age or nationality. PROGRESS is open for all the international (EU and non-EU) candidates within any age range, as long as they fulfill the mentioned above criteria.
Where and when can I apply?
The application period for 2013 is now closed. The recruitment for 2014 will start in December 2013.
How and when will I be assessed in the recruitment process?
- All phone interviews will be finished by Mid-March.
- The invitations to the Selection Days for the candidates who were successful in the whole pre-assessment (online and phone) will be sent from Mid-April.
- The Selection Days will take place between May 16th and June 11th in Munich or Toulouse.
- The final Selection decision will be made shortly after completion of the Selection Days.
What can I expect as a participant in PROGRESS?
• Great on-the-job experience in international placements
• Working in multicultural teams
• Great networking opportunities across the EADS Group
• Exposure to the various EADS businesses, products and services
• Visibility from top management
What type of career path can I expect after completing PROGRESS?
The PROGRESS Programme prepares you as graduates and young professionals to take over positions with a significant level of responsibility in the future. Some alumni will move into managerial positions, others will concentrate on specialisations. Your individual career path within the EADS Group is mainly based on your performance in the programme and our actual business needs.
What will be the salary for PROGRESS participants?
The salary can vary according to the positions, locations and years of work experience.
However, it is certainly an attractive salary for graduates and young professionals. More information will be provided during contract negotiations.
How will I be evaluated during the programme?
There will be regular reviews with your manager and HR representatives. Furthermore, orientation talks are foreseen to discuss future career development with your mentor.
Is PROGRESS a part-time or a full-time programme?
PROGRESS is a full-time job for all participants. After successful completion of the recruitment process, you will be employed by EADS with a permanent contract.
What is considered as experience abroad?
How to count “minimum of 12 month experience abroad”:
- Studies, internships, professional employment, voluntary / social engagements, family experience, school exchange … are all taken into account
- Can be in a row or in intervals but maximum 3 intervals (but minimum interval to be counted 4 month, e.g. 3 x 4 months ok; 1 x 8 months + 1 x 4 months ok; 1 x 9 months + 1 x 3 months not sufficient)
- 12 months need to be fulfilled latest at start of programme, meaning by August 2013
What is considered as professional work experience for the 3 years limit?
- The years of work experience are counted at stage of application.
- Every internship longer than 6 months is considered as professional work experience.
- Experience as V.I.E. is fully considered as professional work experience.
- Part-time work as student trainee/working student during school or studies is not counted as professional work experience.
- Experiences as PhD student, research assistant, during an apprenticeship or in the Army are counted 50 % professional work experience.
- Civilian Service/Military Service are not counted as professional work experience.
Can I choose the Business Unit where I want to work?
We will do our best to align your personal preferences and interests regarding the function, the Business Unit and the location with the internal staffing needs. However, there is no guarantee that you will be offered a position at your preferred location or in your preferred function/Business Unit.
Can I do a cross-functional, cross-business or cross-country rotation?
After the 2 years of the programme, you will rotate to another project assignment. For the purposes of the programme you should rotate in either another Division and/or country. A cross-functional rotation is also possible but not mandatory and depending on your personal background and opportunities. It may be that you work on a similar project just in another Division or it may be that you remain in your Business Unit and work on a different project in another country, etc.
What if I have any further questions?
Whenever you have further questions exclusively regarding the PROGRESS Programme, please contact us via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider that spontaneous applications will unfortunately not be taken into account if they are sent to this email address. Please apply via the eRecruiting tool.