Responding to an increasing demand within EADS for highly qualified and international finance professionals, the FMD Programme aims at developing talented managers, while enhancing their financial expertise, business and soft skills.
Under the sponsorship of EADS Corporate Finance and EADS Young Management Development Programmes, the 18-month FMD Programme is based on two to three individually tailored project assignments in different Divisions and/or HQ functions of the EADS Group, combined with off-the-job modules, designed to strengthen participants management and financial competencies.
In addition to designing and conducting the FMD Forum conference enabling them to exchange on a specific topic at EADS level, all FMD participants take part in a team project focusing on a strategic finance stage, which results are presented at one of the most important finance annual conferences.
Accompanied by a personal mentor during the entire FMD programme, participants also benefit from a job-shadowing experience to complete the off-the-job learning, and during which they follow a top finance executive for a week to share his/her daily activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Four to six years of relevant work experience in either financial (controlling, accounting, treasury, programme controlling, etc.) or commercial (bid management, etc.) functions
- An excellent academic background in business administration/ finance and/or engineering studies, and a solid performance track record
- An excellent command of the English language
- Negotiation level in at least one other EADS language, i.e. German, French or Spanish
- Proficiency in analytical thinking and planning and solid organizational abilities
- Passion for EADS and its activities, namely the aeronautics, defence and space industries
- Worldwide mobility and willingness to work in different EADS countries
- International experience having spent at least 12 months working/studying abroad