EADS has developed holographic-based, daylightindependent technologies for a full range of uses – from applications in offices and at public events to installations on ground-based vehicles, watercraft, helicopters and aircraft.
EADS-patented display technologies include daylight independency, better brilliance and improved visibility with very bright backgrounds; enhanced displays of colors, higher contrasts and finer image resolutions.
Patents available for technology licensing from EADS are:
• A holographic display screen for aircraft and vehicles that can serve as a heads-up display.
• A system and method for stereoscopic imaging with a holographic screen, using glasses with polarizing filters.
• A method and device for producing holograms on screens that provide high image quality color projection.
• A screen for front laser projection that very effectively reflects narrow-band laser light of one or more colors over a defined spatial angle, but absorbs wideband ambient light.
• An image representation system for holographic screens on vehicles, which enables images to be displayed with higher image quality for better levels of safety in traffic.
• A projection system with a polarizing device to improve the projection on curved surfaces.
• A projection system, holographic screen and image projection system for front projection of images rich in contrast.
• A method and device for removing stationary defects in images during projection with spatially or temporally coherent light without adversely affecting the original image quality.
Aviation, ground- and sea-based vehicles, office and public use.
Holographic display technologies from EADS provide improvement in the positioning of displayed images on screens, as well as the enhancement of their sizes, shapes and brightness; the use of stereoscopic imaging; dual view and the ability to project images on flat and curved surfaces.
Development and validation.